Friday, January 6, 2012

so now...

...it's back, from outer space. The tv is fixed! Drew's been building his own computer-buying the parts individually and then he assembled it a few weeks ago before Christmas. The weekend before Christmas, he and Joey were playing around with the computer using the 60in projection tv in the living room as a monitor and I was in the kitchen baking up some cinnamon roasted almonds for yummy gifts, when I heard a loud POP! The lamp had blown! Now, I was surprised how long the lamp lasted being that we didn't know how many hours were on it when we got the tv 1 1/2 years ago, most lamps last about 5-7 years depending on how often the tv is used. And I use it. A lot. hah.

Well, we finally got a lamp ordered from Amazon, using one of our Christmas gifts-an Amazon gift card :), and it arrived yesterday. In fact, our mail person threw it at the door. And this isn't the first time it's happened (the packages being thrown at the door, not the lamp going) I don't think it's our usual mail lady because she has been bringing the packages to the door (we ordered a bunch of gifts online this year, so we were getting packages almost every day), knocking and then giving me the package and whatever letters would have gone in the box downstairs. I think she knows that I'm a stay-at-home-momma and always seems very nice. That makes me think it was someone else. I heard the "thump" against the door and I jumped up to get it (since we were anxiously waiting the arrival of the lamp). When I opened the door, the person was already out the door. We live on the 2nd floor and it's 3 flights from the mailboxes to our landing, so whomever it was didn't walk all the way up to throw it against the door. I think they only went up 2 flights and threw it, or maybe one flight and then flipped/threw it up and over the railing? I don't know.

Either way, it doesn't matter because the lamp wasn't damaged and it's in the tv. Working wonderfully. So glad to have the tv back, and the Wii. I can't wait to get going again with my diet and exercise in this new year. I know I need to be the change I want to see in the world and I need to get my booty up and going...bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, leave me a little note!