Thursday, October 13, 2011

whew...

...this is tough! :) I knew it was going to be hard to change so many bad habits and so far, I have to say it's going...ok. This addiction I have to sweets-mostly chocolate-is crippling to say the least. We don't usually have candy or pre-packaged sweets on hand, so only things that I bake. On Monday, the first day, I had to make Drew eat the rest of the Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies because I was having evil thoughts about how one little slice wouldn't hurt...well it does! I've noticed that after one such taste of anything (not necessarily sweet-last night it was garlic knots) I start to crave more and more until it's all I can think about and I just don't want to live with food constantly on my mind.

I'm doing pretty well with eating better. I have a least 1 salad a day, usually lunch. Breakfast has been either eggs or oatmeal, dinner is whatever I would usually make, but less carbs. I try to not eat carbs after 7pm and that works out ok usually. Last night we ate a late dinner so I didn't really snack at all before bed. Today I had oatmeal with peanut butter, honey and banana-it was divine! :) Lunch was 2 Biscuit Pizzas and a huge salad with hard-boiled egg, cheese and ham. Animal crackers for a snack with the kids (not so good) and then a crazy leftover dinner-spaghetti and a meatball, a hot dog, a couple bites of imitation crab, some pineapple...odd, I know!

Now for the fun part-exercise, ha! So I am 2 days into the C25k program and it's going pretty well. I have completed both days as instructed:

stretch 1 minute
warm up-walk briskly 5 minutes
jog 60 seconds
walk 90 seconds
continue jog/walk intervals for 20 minutes
cool down-walk 5 minutes

The first day (Monday) I waited to go until Meghan was in bed, so it was dark out. I don't really like exercising at night, even though we live in a town and there are street lamps, but it makes me uneasy-I don't like walking the dog after dark either. I did really well for being so sedentary and my only daily exercise was walking the dog around the block. I had to stop during the last jogging interval, but just for a second to check the time and then I pushed on. The second day, Wednesday was a little bit harder-especially when I expected it to be easier or just as hard. My calves were sore from so much activity, they're still sore now, but I've been conscientiously stretching them periodically throughout the day.

Now I just want to see some results! Ha-I'm not expecting too much, too soon, but a new number on the scale would be nice. I weighed myself Monday night and though that number is around the same I've been seeing for some time, I cannot wait for it to be the last time I ever see that number!

2 comments:

  1. Allison...one thing: You are a beautiful girl, a beautiful person! Do not ever forget that! I just want to encourage you to stay motivated, it is slow and painful, but when you start to see those numbers go down, and you have more energy it will be so worth it! When I started doing my one mile walks, I would come home and flop on the couch, just totally wiped out. My knees would ache, and it was so hard to think I would ever ever be able to get past that. But my blood pressure was creeping up, and I was scared. Anyway, I am cheering you on, and praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @16 blessings'momthanks aunt della, your encouragement and prayers are so welcome and needed! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, leave me a little note!