Monday, January 31, 2011

today was...

...a ho hum day. Lacie and Dylan didn't come until almost 11 am-not that I got to sleep in or anything, Meghan was still up for the day at 8am. I did get more sleep than 2 nights ago, but I fear not much more. I was still pretty zombie this morning. It's not yet 10pm yet and I intend to go to bed right after I post this.

For dinner tonight I made baked pork chops with roasted potatoes. It was actually the recipe off the back of the Shake n Bake box and it was yummy! Drew said the potatoes were -and I quote- "perfect", which is a compliment not often heard around here. He's a pretty picky eater and I thought I was bad. He will not eat most things like pot roast and everything made to be eaten served over noodles unless it is pasta and marinara sauce. Forget leftovers-he never eats them. Well, almost never. He did eat the pistachio pudding salad my Grandma Karen made yesterday. She also made a green salad and Lentil Skillet. Drew hates Lentil Skillet. I've only made it once in 3 1/2 years.

Dylan was really good today, no time outs and even left quite quickly. Usually, he's kicking and screaming as Lacie walks out the door and Dylan runs after with no boots or coat on because he refuses to put them on. But today he gave Meghan and I our kisses and hugs and put on his coat and boots. Told me Uncle Drew was sleeping so he couldn't give him a kiss and hug and walked out the door with Lacie. For awhile I thought his problems when leaving at night were because it was a new schedule for him and when Kait watches him she drives him to Lacie's house so he goes to sleep in his own bed and Lacie is there when he gets up in the morning. Now I'm not sure what it is. In any case, it was a small blessing for us as I was trying to make dinner while Meghan was crying for a feeding/nap. Time for bed for this exhausted momma.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, leave me a little note!