Thursday, July 28, 2011

it's been a whole year...

...a whole year since the birth of our daughter, Meghan Louise.

a whole year of laughs and tears, feedings and diapers.

a whole year of worry and joy, shock and surprise.

a whole year of breastfeeding issues, formula issues, personal issues, financial issues.

a whole year of family support and non-support, good times and bad.

a whole year of adaptation and cooperation and compromise.

a year ago today, meghan louise was born. after 42 hours of labor, a true trial of labor and love. I cried so hard, so much during those 3 days at the hospital and the weeks following. Nothing can prepare you for the emotional roller coaster of the first few weeks.

But then the first few weeks turn into months and then all of a sudden, she's walking! And talking! And helping you get her dressed! Feeding herself! (and others :) ) I am in constant amazement that she is a year old. I ask myself, how did I get here? how is she a year already? how did we manage to get this far?. And I know the answer, by God's grace. He has blessed us, trusted us to watch over Meghan and care for her. Who would've thought we'd be at this point. If you had told me 18 months ago that's I'd be married, with a 1 year old, in our own apartment, out of my dead-end job, and loving life being a stay-at-home momma, I would've had a good laugh. A good, long laugh.

I was stuck in the worst way. My relationship with now hubby was stagnant and sometimes rocky. I hated the job I had, not using my art degree in any way. And then, God blessed us with the miracle of life. He showed me the way. I have found a whole new outlook on life and such purpose and such direction. I am eternally thankful. For everything.

So, here's to Meghan. Here's to another year of life and laughter. I love you more than anything, baby girl, more than I could ever know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, leave me a little note!