Saturday, March 10, 2012

might as well...

...go eat worms! :( Nothing has been going right lately, surely it will turn around soo, right? Right?! Hah. At least I can laugh through all this, although I imagine there will be more sad smileys than happy ones in this post.

The Alero broke down tonight. My dad called earlier, he had gone over to Donnie's (the mechanic) this morning, but he wasn't there. My dad thinks he might be down south getting more cars. I hope so, because we definitely need one now. :( Drew was on his way to play music with some guys and only made it about halfway before he heard a loud pop and the car stopped. Which is what my dad said would happen when the cam shaft goes. And it went. :(

I told Drew to have it towed to my dad's house (thank goodness for AAA!) I've also been texting my sister, Kait, throughout this whole ideal, but she hasn't answered so I don't think she's home. Drew then texted me that there was a hole in the oil pan. I don't know how he knows this, maybe the tow truck driver took a look? I have next to zero knowledge about cars, but a hole in the oil pan doesn't sound nearly as bad as the cam shaft breaking! My dad sure will be in for a surprise when he wakes up tomorrow!

(Also, Drew is getting a ride home from one of his friends, so no worries there, but no clue how we're going to get anywhere-good thing I just stocked up on groceries!)

In unrelated news, I'm not pregnant, but I still haven't gotten my period. My cycle is so messed up! And it's very frustrating because I know that breastfeeding is screwing with it and there isn't much I can do! Meghan is still very interested in nursing, still feeding when she wakes up in the morning and when going down for naps and bedtime. Occasionally throughout the day, she nurses as well, especially if she's tired, cranky or hurt. I had to work so hard to be able to breastfeed, I don't want to give it up and neither does she!

I have been seriously contemplating weaning her though. She enjoys it, but sometimes refuses to nurse. She also refuses to stop biting me. She clamps on with her upper teeth and hangs on for dear life! I have bite marks on me every time she nurses and it hurts! ;) If I ask her to be gentle, she does lessen the strength of her hold. We also would really like to have another baby-despite all of our trials lately. Clearly, not being pregnant has been a blessing! And it seems like my cycle will never return to normal unless we stop breastfeeding. I have largely been an advocate and practicer of child led weaning, so weaning Meghan has always felt sort of off to me. I wonder if she would've weaned herself by now, if I wasn't a stay at home mom?

Sorry for such a downer of a blog post, but such is life ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, leave me a little note!